Rail Ale Trail: Follow The Malt Trail
Does chugging through lush valleys and pretty villages, stopping at some of the finest drinking establishments en route to sample a pint of locally brewed ale sound like the ideal way to spend a day? Then embark on a Rail Ale Trail and explore the fascinating history, heritage and hops that the area is home to.
Join us for our "Follow the Malt Trail" Rail Ale Trail Tour as we journey through the beautiful Irwell Valley on a mission for malts! The Blue Badge Guided tour will call at picturesque Ramsbottom where "trailees" can hear about stories that have stood the test of time, sample a selection of fine ales, try out some street food and go behind the scenes at Brewsmith Brewery.
WHAT DOES THE DAY INCLUDE?
Follow the Malt Trail Rail Ale Trail tour includes*;
- A Freedom of the Line ticket on the East Lancashire Railway
- 4 – 5 hour tour of the area and its pubs with a qualified Blue or Green Badge Guide
- Street food
- 3 x 1/3 pint beer samples
* Please see individual tour descriptions on the East Lancashire Railway website for any additional details.
* Meet in The Trackside Pub on Platform 2 of Bury Bolton Street Station
Please see Important Information on the Rail Ale Trail Guided Tours page for booking guidance.