Rail Ale Trail: Pies and Pints
Does chugging through lush valleys and pretty villages, stopping at some of the finest drinking establishments en route to sample a pint of locally brewed ale sound like the ideal way to spend a day? Then embark on a Rail Ale Trail and explore the fascinating history, heritage and hops that the area is home to.
Board one of our steam trains and begin a journey of discovery … a journey to discover two of the most renowned exports to come out of Lancashire – pies and pints. Learn about the history and heritage of our beautiful region and sample first hand some of the produce that we are oh so proud of!
WHAT DOES THE DAY INCLUDE?
Pies & Pints Rail Ale Trail tour includes*;
- A Freedom of the Line ticket on the East Lancashire Railway
- 4 – 5 hour tour of the area and its pubs with a qualified Blue or Green Badge Guide
- Pie Lunch
- 3 x 1/3 pint beer samples
* Please see individual tour descriptions on the East Lancashire Railway website for any additional details.
* Meet in The Trackside Pub on Platform 2 of Bury Bolton Street Station
Please see Important Information on the Rail Ale Trail Guided Tours page for booking guidance.
The Rail Ale Trail is open to over 18′s only.