Rail Ale Trail: Raise a Glass to St George
Does chugging through lush valleys and pretty villages, stopping at some of the finest drinking establishments en route to sample a pint of locally brewed ale sound like the ideal way to spend a day? Then embark on a Rail Ale Trail and explore the fascinating history, heritage and hops that the area is home to.
Prepare to slay the dragon... of thirst with some quenching local ales on this themed beer sampling Rail Ale Trail. As far as epic quests go, this one will see you scouring the finest local bars and olde worlde pubs of the beautiful Irwell Valley to find the most legendary local ales.
WHAT DOES THE DAY INCLUDE?
A Toast for St George Rail Ale Trail tour includes*;
- A Freedom of the Line ticket on the East Lancashire Railway
- 4 – 5 hour tour of the area and its pubs with a qualified Blue or Green Badge Guide
- Pub lunch
- 3 x 1/3 pint beer samples
* Please see individual tour descriptions on the East Lancashire Railway website for any additional details.
* Meet in The Trackside Pub on Platform 2 of Bury Bolton Street Station
Please see Important Information on the Rail Ale Trail Guided Tours page for booking guidance.
The Rail Ale Trail is open to over 18′s only.