Drive a Diesel Train Experience
Drive, Secondman and Guard an ex British Railways Diesel Locomotive
Day starts at 08.30 in the Activity Centre on platform 2 at Bury, BL9 0EY
Issued Subject to the Drive a Train Experience Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to cancel in the event of circumstances beyond our control
If you are looking to take part in one of our Drive a Train Experience Days or you are looking to purchase one as a gift for someone else, please make sure that you read through our Booking Information/Terms & Conditions below. If you have any questions, please contact us on: 0333 3202830 and press option 2 twice.
Participants (*and guests attending the guided tour) must:
• *Be physically fit and aged over 18 at the time of the experience. Our risk assessment process requires that a doctor’s letter be provided confirming that participants aged 75 or over are medically fit and able to participate in the Drive a Train Experience Day. This must be made available to the railway at least one week prior to the day of the activity.
• Be able, in the event of an emergency evacuation; to climb on/off the locomotive from ground level unaided, this may be up to a 3 metre (10 feet) vertical climb with steps at up to 0.6M (2ft) spacing. You must also be able to cope with discomfort, variable temperatures, weather and lighting, heights (viaducts and bridges), darkness (tunnel), noise and vibration.
• Be able to read (with glasses or contact lenses, if necessary) a car number plate from a distance of 20 metres.
• Must be able to hear and understand verbal instructions in noisy surroundings.
• *Disclose any medical conditions and treatment/medication that may affect mobility, concentration, dexterity, co-ordination, consciousness and ability to understand and follow instructions.
The Drive a Train Experience Day and guided tour may not be suitable for those with some disabilities, particularly where these affect mobility, concentration, dexterity, co-ordination and ability to understand and follow instructions. The East Lancashire Railway advises you to contact us prior to booking one of our experiences if you believe this may affect the participant and/or guests and to ensure the activities are suitable. The East Lancashire Railway reserve the right to terminate, without refund, your Drive a Train Experience Day if it is deemed unsafe on the day for the participant to take part in the Drive a Train Experience by the Footplate Experience Manager or by a member of our staff.