When we re-open, our priority will be to ensure that your visit is safe and enjoyable.
Here are some of the COVID-19 prevention measures we will have in place across the building.
• There will be staggered arrival times to the show in an aid to reduce queues, and temperature checks and security controls will be in place.
• We request that audiences arrive at least 45 minutes before the start time.
• All tickets must be bought in advance and e-tickets will be scanned at the entrance so please print these at home or show them on your mobile device.
• We will be following a strict non-admission policy for late comers so please allow plenty of time for your journey
• Face masks are mandatory at all times throughout the venue, and inside the ballroom during the performance. Entry will be denied if face masks are not worn.
• Children under the age of 11 will not be required to wear face masks.
• The venue will be cleaned throughout the day and between every theatre show. Front of House areas will additionally be cleaned during shows, while audience members are in the ballroom.
• Sanitiser stations will be located at the entrance to the venue and throughout foyer and bar area and on entry to the ballroom.
• We will be asking audiences to maintain social distancing from all other households or support bubbles whilst at the venue.
• We will send you an email 48hrs before your visit to ensure you have all the information you need in advance
**Rescheduled date to be confirmed**
Sir Tony Robinson will be live on stage for an intimateevening looking back at his career on stage and screen,together with his literary accomplishments, in what will bea spectacular gala dinner.
Join us to hear the lowdown on his many exploits andendeavours and expect plenty of fascinating anecdotes andpeeks behind the scenes. Follow Sir Tony’s journey from childactor to Blackadder’s immortal Baldrick and from Time Teamto everybody’s favourite history presenter.
Enjoy a fabulous 3 course dinner, live entertainment, a memorabiliaauction and a chance to ask your own burning question in anaudience Q & A. Everyone will also receive their own personalsouvenir photograph with Sir Tony to remember this special night.
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to experience an amazingevening in the uniquely entertaining company of one of thecountry’s best-loved performers and true national treasure.
Tickets are strictly limited for this event, which is exclusivelypresented at The Bowdon Rooms for one night only.
Dress code: BLACK TIE
**Rescheduled date to be confirmed**
Money for Nothing was formed in 2000 as a tribute to one of the world’s premier rock bands – Dire Straits. The abundant energy and the excellence and musicality of their performance makes Money For Nothing a “must see” for any rock enthusiast or Dire Straits fan. Fronting the band is the brilliant guitarist and Mark Knopfler sound-alike Aled Williams. Behind him the line-up features top-class and experienced musicians that make this band a worthy tribute to Dire Straits. Aled and all the band have studied Dire Straits in great depth to re-create their tribute to be as close as possible to the real thing.
Featuring all the hits from their first ever single ‘Sultans of Swing’ to ‘Brothers in Arms‘, ‘Walk of Life’ and their last single released in 1992 ‘The Bug’ – also the legendary ‘Money For Nothing’ (ft Sting) which was the first ever video played on MTV. The band also include versions from ‘On the Night’ and ‘Live @ The BBC‘. The Money For Nothing stage show has been performed all over Britain and the world, at all types of venues & events – from music festivals, theatres, nightclubs and venues. 2010 saw them headline the main night on Europes Biggest Tribute Festival. The band have also had the pleasure of performing as show opener for the legendary Roy Wood on part of his Theatre Tour. Sept 2011 saw them take their show to India to perform at a sell-out concert where they headlined an event held at one of Bangalore’s largest Amphitheatres. Their special appearance was featured in the worlds largest selling English-language daily newspaper, The Times of India. Dire Straits are one of the best bands to ever come out of the UK, they have sold in excess of 120 million albums worldwide and were the UK’s first stadium rock band. Their best selling album Brothers in Arms was an international blockbuster selling over 30 million copies and becoming the fourth best selling album in UK chart history. Brothers In Arms was also the first ever CD single, and the first ever album to sell over one million copies on CD. Dire Straits also won numerous awards including, three Brit Awards, four Grammys and two MTV Music Video Awards, and in 2009 they were awarded the Music Heritage Award.
Strictly Ballroom The Tour Limited
By Agreement with Global Creatures
Strictly Ballroom The Musical, based on the award-winning world-wide film phenomenon, is heading out to tour the UK and Ireland, starring Strictly Come Dancing’s Kevin Clifton!
With direction from dancer, choreographer, theatre director and Britain’s favourite TV Judge, Craig Revel Horwood, Strictly Ballroom the Musical will be will be foxtrotting around the UK from January 2022.
Bringing together a cast of over 20 world class performers, Strictly Ballroom the Musical follows rebellious young ballroom dancer, Scott Hastings. When his radical dance style see him fall out of favour with Australian Federation, he must dance with beginner, Fran. Together they find the courage to defy tradition and discover that to win, your steps don’t need to be strictly ballroom!
Featuring toe tapping numbers such as Love is in the Air, Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps and Time After Time, as well as several wonderful new songs by internationally acclaimed artists including Sia, David Foster and Eddie Perfect. This spectacle is sure to make for an unforgettable evening under the glitter ball that will send your heart soaring!
Meet Thomas and The Fat Controller, take a train ride and enjoy so much more! Advance booking is recommended. Click below to book your tickets now...Book Tickets