“If you’re a fan of the Great American Songbook, the music of the Rat Pack, or just great music played and sung with style and panache, then this is the show for you.”
Big band vocalist Matt Ford is coming back to The Bowdon Rooms with the 17 Piece Strictly Swing Big Band.
Having performed with the likes of the Halle Orchestra, the BBC Concert Orchestra and the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, will be tackling some his favourite swing numbers.
Matt Ford sings with the Strictly Swing Big Band fronted by the legendary Bryan Pendleton of the original Syd Lawrence Orchestra and is assisted by female vocalist Simone McGregor.
The Strictly Swing Big Band, formed by Simone McGregor, is a seventeen piece big band under the musical direction of Bryan Pendleton. Bryan is supported by an outstanding selection of highly accomplished musicians and together they will pay tribute to the greatest swing bands of the era including Miller, Basie, Dorsey, Goodman and more.
Matt Ford, voted the UK's Best Male Big Band Vocalist, is our featured guest and will be performing the hits songs of Sinatra, Matt Monro, Nat King Cole, and Tony Bennett.
Simone adds even more variety and glamour with hit songs from Peggy Lee and many others.
The programme features some great new arrangements from Bryan Pendleton as well as a special tribute performance to George Shearing.
An event that should not be missed.
Important information for guests regarding Coronavirus.
When we re-open, our priority will be to ensure that your visit is safe and enjoyable.
Here are some of the COVID-19 prevention measures we will have in place across the building.
• There will be staggered arrival times to the show in an aid to reduce queues, and temperature checks and security controls will be in place.
• We request that audiences arrive at least 45 minutes before the start time.
• All tickets must be bought in advance and e-tickets will be scanned at the entrance so please print these at home or show them on your mobile device.
• We will be following a strict non-admission policy for late comers so please allow plenty of time for your journey
• Face masks are mandatory at all times throughout the venue, and inside the ballroom during the performance. Entry will be denied if face masks are not worn.
• Children under the age of 11 will not be required to wear face masks.
• The venue will be cleaned throughout the day and between every theatre show. Front of House areas will additionally be cleaned during shows, while audience members are in the ballroom.
• Sanitiser stations will be located at the entrance to the venue and throughout foyer and bar area and on entry to the ballroom.
• We will be asking audiences to maintain social distancing from all other households or support bubbles whilst at the venue.
• We will send you an email 48hrs before your visit to ensure you have all the information you need in advance