An intimate evening with the Radio 2 Folk Show presenter
Radio 2 Folk Show, 6music and Glastonbury TV presenter Mark Radcliffe invites you to an intimate evening of his own songs and accompanying personal stories from his life and career.
For the first time ever in the North West, join the legendary Sir Ranulph Fiennes for a fully immersive and exclusive black tie GALA DINNER, presented at The Bowdon Rooms for one night only.
Guests will enjoy a red carpet, Champagne reception while enjoying live entertainment and Art installations showcasing Sir Ranulph Fiennes’ many expeditions.
The Grand Edwardian Ballroom will be your Everest Base camp for the evening, a spectacular 3 course meal will be served while you enjoy live on stage entertainment and have the rare opportunity to bid on one of a kind pieces of memorabilia.
What makes this event truly spectacular is that each guest will get the opportunity to meet the legend himself and have a professional souvenir photograph to commemorate your evening.
This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience ‘The World's Greatest Living Explorer’, As described by the Guinness Book of Records.
Educated at Eton College and Following in his father’s footsteps, he served with the Royal Scots Greys before joining the SAS.
In 1968 he joined the army of the Sultan of Oman and was later awarded the Sultan’s Bravery Medal by HM the Queen.
Having led 22 major expeditions to remote parts of the world, including both Poles, Ranulph Fiennes is the only man alive to have travelled around the Earth’s circumpolar surface.
He was the first explorer to completely cross the Antarctic continent unsupported.
In 2009, aged 65, Fiennes climbed to the summit of Mount Everest. As a result, he became the oldest Briton ever to summit Everest.
Since 1969, when he led the British Expedition on the White Nile, Ranulph Fiennes has been at the forefront of many groundbreaking exploratory expeditions.
“My admiration for Ran is unbounded, and thank God he exists. The world would be a far duller place without him”
HRH Prince Charles
Dress Code: BLACK TIE
For group bookings of 10 or more, please contact the venue directly on [email protected]
Tickets include a three course dinner with dietary options available*
*email venue directly with dietary requirements after ticket purchase
When we re-open, our priority will be to ensure that your visit is safe and enjoyable.
Here are some of the COVID-19 prevention measures we will have in place across the building.
• There will be staggered arrival times to the show in an aid to reduce queues, and temperature checks and security controls will be in place.
• We request that audiences arrive at least 45 minutes before the start time.
• All tickets must be bought in advance and e-tickets will be scanned at the entrance so please print these at home or show them on your mobile device.
• We will be following a strict non-admission policy for late comers so please allow plenty of time for your journey
• Face masks are mandatory at all times throughout the venue, and inside the ballroom during the performance. Entry will be denied if face masks are not worn.
• Children under the age of 11 will not be required to wear face masks.
• The venue will be cleaned throughout the day and between every theatre show. Front of House areas will additionally be cleaned during shows, while audience members are in the ballroom.
• Sanitiser stations will be located at the entrance to the venue and throughout foyer and bar area and on entry to the ballroom.
• We will be asking audiences to maintain social distancing from all other households or support bubbles whilst at the venue.
• We will send you an email 48hrs before your visit to ensure you have all the information you need in advance