Katy Lipson for Aria Entertainment presents:
ELTON JOHN: It's A Little Bit Funny
A musical story starring Martin Kaye and his live band.
Written by Chris Burgess
Directed by Ben Stock
Production Design by Ben M. Rogers
Musical Arrangements by Andy Collyer
Featuring songs by Elton John and Bernie Taupin
Elton John: It's A Little Bit Funny charts the incredible story of Elton John's rise and fall (and rise again) as one of the most successful singer/songwriters of all time. It also tells the tale of one extraordinary night in Las Vegas when Martin Kaye bumps into the man himself and happens to spend the evening with him. What follows is a night of confessions, anecdotes, jokes and fabulous songs.
Martin Kaye (star of Million Dollar Quartet) is the biggest Elton John fan ever, so is ideally placed to play Elton's greatest songs and enthral the audience about this unforgettable celebrity encounter.
Bringing to the stage his distinct showmanship, musical flair, odd socks, and a palpable energy beyond anything you've ever seen, Manchester-born Martin Kaye is an odd-sock-wearing pianist, singer, songwriter and all-round show-man. Best known for his knockout performances as “Jerry Lee Lewis” in the hit Broadway, West End and Las Vegas show ’Million Dollar Quartet’, Martin has recorded four albums, and has been touring internationally for over a decade, sharing his love of music with the world.
For group bookings or parties of 10 or more, please contact the venue direct on 0161 926 8992.
“By the end of the show, the entire audience is on a high.” – MUSICAL THEATRE REVIEW ★★★★★
“This is no tribute act. It is well and truly a superstar, embodying every ounce the soul and infectious energy of one of Britain’s most loved national treasures, delivering to the utmost standard.” – THE UPCOMING ★★★★★
“Martin Kaye gives a tour de force performance.” – THE REVIEW CHAP ★★★★★
“The master of multitasking, Martin Kaye gives a truly amazing show and we (the audience) are all engaged by his love and devotion for Elton John, and his near childlike joy and anticipation for his idol and motivator…”
– NORTH WEST END ★★★★
“It’s poignant, entertaining, exciting and, often, ‘it’s a little bit funny’ ” – SPY IN THE STALLS ★★★★
Important information for guests regarding Coronavirus.
When we re-open, our priority will be to ensure that your visit is safe and enjoyable.
Here are some of the COVID-19 prevention measures we will have in place across the building.
• There will be staggered arrival times to the show in an aid to reduce queues, and temperature checks and security controls will be in place.
• We request that audiences arrive at least 45 minutes before the start time.
• All tickets must be bought in advance and e-tickets will be scanned at the entrance so please print these at home or show them on your mobile device.
• We will be following a strict non-admission policy for late comers so please allow plenty of time for your journey
• Face masks are mandatory at all times throughout the venue, and inside the ballroom during the performance. Entry will be denied if face masks are not worn.
• Children under the age of 11 will not be required to wear face masks.
• The venue will be cleaned throughout the day and between every theatre show. Front of House areas will additionally be cleaned during shows, while audience members are in the ballroom.
• Sanitiser stations will be located at the entrance to the venue and throughout foyer and bar area and on entry to the ballroom.
• We will be asking audiences to maintain social distancing from all other households or support bubbles whilst at the venue.
• We will send you an email 48hrs before your visit to ensure you have all the information you need in advance