Chris Helme, who first rose to prominence as the front man of John Squire's post-Stone Roses band 'The Seahorses’ began his solo career in 2012.
Still rightfully remembered for the anthemic Britpop classics 'Love Is The Law' and 'Blinded By The Sun' - songs that evoked everything the 90's stood for, the excitement, the culture and the bands that provided a voice in a period of political and social imbalance.
Present day societal context may well in fact mirror those times but the man himself, now, appears cut from an entirely different cloth. Helmes has an enviable back catalogue, bolstered further by his acclaimed works with The Yards, but it's his latest offering The Rookery's knack for melody and imaginative, intricate, three-way guitar interplay that brings each track to such lush, blossoming, climaxes. Add to this Helme's keen ear for arranging and those brooding string passages resonate even more deeply.
Sit back and enjoy a Musical Master at work.
Important information for guests regarding Coronavirus.
When we re-open, our priority will be to ensure that your visit is safe and enjoyable.
Here are some of the COVID-19 prevention measures we will have in place across the building.
• There will be staggered arrival times to the show in an aid to reduce queues, and temperature checks and security controls will be in place.
• We request that audiences arrive at least 45 minutes before the start time.
• All tickets must be bought in advance and e-tickets will be scanned at the entrance so please print these at home or show them on your mobile device.
• We will be following a strict non-admission policy for late comers so please allow plenty of time for your journey
• Face masks are mandatory at all times throughout the venue, and inside the ballroom during the performance. Entry will be denied if face masks are not worn.
• Children under the age of 11 will not be required to wear face masks.
• The venue will be cleaned throughout the day and between every theatre show. Front of House areas will additionally be cleaned during shows, while audience members are in the ballroom.
• Sanitiser stations will be located at the entrance to the venue and throughout foyer and bar area and on entry to the ballroom.
• We will be asking audiences to maintain social distancing from all other households or support bubbles whilst at the venue.
• We will send you an email 48hrs before your visit to ensure you have all the information you need in advance