Midland Hotel - The De-Luxe Tour
Tickets for Midland Hotel - The De-Luxe TourSun 15 Jan, Sun 26 Feb, Sun 2 Apr, Sun 21 May at 1.30pm
Meet outside the hotel at 1.30pm.
It’s what you’ve been waiting for: Ed Glinert and Co taking you or your group, club, works outfit, society... around this magnificent building. (Ideal for private tours for groups of up to 20 people).
The Midland is Manchester’s most famous hotel.
– It’s where Rolls met Royce.
– It’s where Churchill scoffed 16 oysters and a bottle of champagne – and that was before dinner.
– It’s where Hitler avoided bombing so that it could be used as the Nazis’ North-west home once they had invaded England.
– It’s where George Harrison was refused admission to the French restaurant because he wasn’t wearing a tie.
– It’s where the great and good – Princess Anne, Derek Jacobi, Van Morrison, Nigel Havers, Ed Miliband (!), Dave – stay when they come to Manchester.
Hear the history, soak in the sleek style and lounge in its luxurious locations. Then, when the tour’s over, take tea and tiffin or a tipple in the Octagon bar. What a great way of spending two hours or so!